- Pop!_OS - daily driver
- PGP, though it is notoriously diffult to use and there is no perfect forward secrecy. However, I've recently found that PGP signing is still useful for something like decentralized identity verification. See Keyoxide. Here is my verification of this domain, my Twitter account, and GitHub profile.
- VeraCrypt. The option to use plausible deniability is very cool.
- Not a tool per se, but if you're interested in the technical implementation details of various cryptographic protocols, check out the book Applied Cryptography.
- neovim. You can find my config files here: dotfiles
- Update 09/2023: I'm in the Copilot Chat beta, and have been since May 2023. It's pretty great. But Cursor is better (see below). I'll continue experimenting with it. I need to write about it in comparison to Cursor.
- Update 10/2022: I've been using GitHub Copilot regularly, and it's awesome for a lot of use cases. Not so great at others. But eliminating boilerplate is always good in my book.
- tmux - one terminal (window) to rule them all. My life is so much better when usng tmux
- Windows - what I use at work as a developer.
- VS Code
- Visual Studio 2022
- Power Platform CLI
- Power Apps Component Framework - when extending Power Platform and building code components
- Azure DevOps
- Cursor - Far and away the best generative AI editor.
- ChatGPT- I received a free year subscrition to plus. Luckily for OpenAI they've recovered the cost (and more) via my API usage :) :) :)
- Kinesis Advantage 360 Split Ergronomic Keyboard - 10/10 would invest again. I feel like I've added years and years to my wrists and career